DATE: MONDAY 18TH FEBRUARY 2019.
THEME: PRINCIPLE OF DIVINE MULTIPLICATION.
But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.” 2 Corinthians 9:6
BIBLE READING: Genesis 26:12-14
12. Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and The LORD Blessed him.
13. And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:
14. For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.
A. From The Beginning of Creation, Multiplication has been central to The Purpose and Agenda of God for humanity.
1. The Lord in His Infinite Wisdom specifically chose His Words when He proclaimed His First Blessing upon mankind in Genesis 1:28, saying:
2. “Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”
3. God deliberately started His Proclamation with “BE FRUITFUL”.
4. What does it mean to BE FRUITFUL? FRUITFULNESS is actually a form of MULTIPLICATION, because when a single seed of corn or a tiny portion of some other crop is planted, at the time of harvest it usually brings forth multiple folds of what was planted.
5. Amazingly, after God proclaimed “BE FRUITFUL”, He thereafter commanded the multiplied fruits to be multiplied again, culminating in what is known as PROGRESSIVE MULTIPLICATION.
6. Surprisingly, God didn’t stop there; He went ahead to make another related decree, saying “REPLENISH THE EARTH”.
7. This implies that after getting to the end of a process, there is a need to make preparations for beginning the process all over again.
8. To replenish the earth is to NOURISH and PREPARE the ground to produce and accommodate future harvests successfully.
B. Consequently, God’s PRINCIPLE OF DIVINE MULTIPLICATION can be said to be Multidimensional.
1. Let’s consider a few of the Dimensions that can usher one into the realm of Divine Multiplication.
2. The first of these is THANKSGIVING.
3. If you want to be Blessed, learn to offer QUALITY THANKSGIVING to God for His LOVE and MERCY, GOODNESS and FAVOUR.
4. Sing praises to God for who He is: The King of kings! The Lord of lords! The Ancient of Days, and The Lord of Hosts.
5. You cannot praise and worship God enough; therefore, keep spending quality time praising Him.
6. The second aspect of The Principle of Multiplication is GIVING.
7. Giving involves paying TITHES and OFFERINGS, SPONSORING the propagation of The Gospel of Jesus, and getting involved in The Work of Ministry.
8. Giving is a time tested aspect of The Principle of Multiplication, confirmed by The Lord Himself in Luke 6:38.
9. Luke 6:38 “Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom.
10. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”
C. The third Dimension of Multiplication is to be A DILIGENT WORKER.
1. God promised in several passages of the Bible to Bless the work of our hands.
2. Deuteronomy 12:7 “And there you shall eat before The Lord Your God, and you shall rejoice in all to which you have put your hand, you and your households, in which The Lord Your God has blessed you.
3. Psalms 1:3 “He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.”
4. Christians must have a livelihood and be committed to working hard before they can hope for multiplication.
5. The fourth dimension of The Principle of Multiplication is HOLY LIVING and PRAYER.
6. Philippians 4:6 “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;”
7. Finally, do not be satisfied with the grace that you already have.
8. Be thankful for it but don’t go to sleep over past successes.
9. Believe God and serve Him in Holiness, and God’s Principle of Progressive Multiplication will begin to operate in your life today in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Father, Please let Your Principle of Progressive Multiplication begin to work for me in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: John 18-19,
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE